Sunday, June 28, 2009

Design

I have not seen any plans which completely shows my plan ideas, but the one that comes close is here:

http://www.tinyhousedesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/8x16-tiny-solar-house-plans-v2.pdf

One problem is the placement of the wheel well, I have talked to the author about that and he is going to change them. Another is orientation. Of the two floor plans, I like the second one, but when you look at the slope of the roof it is highest over the door, I want it to be the lowest point as to give more roof cover in rain. I also want the wall to be solid with the roof extended out, not the inset into the building space. I have now decided to place the door to the west side. It is also where the trailer hitch needs to be in my design head, but physics is telling me to place the door else where. The road winds would be right into this door and might cause weatherstripping issues.

I do like the idea I got from a site with a high priced RV. Make the shelves in Floor Plan 2 be both a bookcase and stairs. More books can go above the stairs.

I got to looking at the all-in-ones today, I do not like the refrigerator space. I know that a pizza box and gal. of milk are things that take up space, but shows how much space I want in a refrigerator. I feel that a freezer needs to be about the same size as the refrigerator.

Another issue is windows, I would have the high part of the north wall to have about 3 small windows. about 24" x 24". The center one of the lower windows would remain, but the others would be different. There would be a window on both sides of the corner desk. Both would be small and eye level when siting. The window might have to be tempered to be road ready.

The solar hot water panel my also need to be tempered.

There needs some reworking for water use. I would like to have a hot water stuff at a short distance and the thing that use cold alone to be as close as possible.

Some thing clever needs to take the solar hot water plumbing and electric power from the roof to inside without a big hole cut into the wall or roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment