Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Roof

In most houses, the roof has a simple use, to shield the building from weather. Mine will not be this simple. It will also serve as a rainwater collector and a place to hold solar panels, both solar hot water and photovoltaic. I am looking for a good catchment material, but I have some issues with all the ones that I know of. I don't want it to rust and leak nor do I want it to be heavy because of the road weight limits. The color has to be white or polished metal as to reflect as much light as possible away from the house. I do wonder if water which falls on solar panels is potable? I would like to know a way to tell how rainwater ready is a product, its wind tolerance, weight tolerance, and other features. I would like to find someone who knows about this stuff locally and which would like to have a rolling showcase of a product to public shows and things.

I do need to find something if this project is going to be on track. I know that as soon as a trailer is bought, the SIP panels will be designed to match. Then the roof and siding would be next. I wonder what would be a good cover for the underside of the trailer as it rolls down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment